. Homemade Maple Breakfast Suasage | foodie

Homemade Maple Breakfast Suasage

ats
tgh

Sausage… ahhhhh sausage.  I hate a love/hate relationship with it.  My food weird-ness won’t let me enjoy any sausage with a casing, so usually links are out, but patties are another story!  I’ve been toying with the idea of making my own sausage at home, so I could control the quality of ingredients, not have fillers, etc., but decided I should take it one step further and go for a breakfast sausage patty 
This recipe for homemade breakfast sausage is low in calories, made with a combo of pork and turkey, they're the only kind of breakfast sausage you'll need!




Prep time : 10 mins
Cook time : 6 mins
Total time : 16 mins
calories: 132 kcal

INGREDIENTS

  1. 1 lb ground pork
  2. 1 lb ground turkey
  3. 1/4 cup maple syrup (use the darkest REAL maple syrup you can find)
  4. 3 cloves garlic, minced
  5. 1 Tbsp fresh sage chopped
  6. 3/4 tsp dried thyme (or 1 Tbsp fresh thyme - chopped)
  7. 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  8. 3/4 tsp black pepper
  9. 1/4 tsp paprika

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper sprayed lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
  2. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and use hands to mix until just combined. 
Full Read Recipes >> thechunkychef
bwh