. Red Velvet Waffles | foodie

Red Velvet Waffles

ats
tgh

I personally love Valentine’s Day. I know some people hate it, but I just can’t get enough of it. What’s not to like? It is a holiday about love afterall! I love all the red and pink decorations in the store, all of those adorable stuffed animals, and the chocolate everywhere! Oh and that’s not even mentioning flowers. I like when my fiance sends me flowers any day, but especially if it’s on Valentine’s Day =) One thing I’ve always wanted though that I never got was one of those giant stuffed animals. Like the really huge pink dogs with heart spots on them. I just think they are so adorable.

Surprise your sweetie with a unique and romantic breakfast- Red Velvet Waffles! Served with a sweet cream cheese glaze, these waffles can be put together in just 30 minutes!




Prep Time : 15 min 
Cook Time : 15 min 
Total Time : 30 min

For the waffles

  1. 2 cups all purpose flour
  2. 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
  3. 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
  4. 4 tsp baking powder
  5. 3/4 tsp salt
  6. 2 eggs
  7. 1 3/4 cups milk
  8. 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
  9. 2 tsp vanilla extract
  10. 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
  11. 11 drops red food coloring

For the cream cheese glaze

  1. 1 (6oz) container reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  2. 6 tbs unsalted butter, softened
  3. 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
  4. 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk

Instructions

  1. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and vinegar, whisking to combine well. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients. Add in food coloring and whisk to combine fully.
Full Read Recipes >> goeatandrepeat
bwh